Monday 14 March 2011

Beginning of a new me!

So about 4 weeks ago I stopped smoking and decided that I needed to get in shape again. I’ve not done any proper exercise for roughly 4-5 years about the same amount of time I had been smoking. So I looked online and found this  P90x workout program.I looked for hours online for review and videos off peoples results on YouTube and was amazed and thought to myself "If I can give up smoking then I can certainly do this" and so I purchased it.



I also had to purchase a  yoga mat I got one that had the blocks in it because I'd seen people using them in their videos and they are suppose to help with stretches that you can quite do right off the bat. I didn’t know if I should get resistance bands or a pull-up bar, but money issues made me get a cheap pull-up bar for starting and hopefully I’ll be able to afford bodylastics for my birthday which is in a month’s time. However I’m not too sure what ones are best, if anyone has any ideas then please let me know. I also bought some weights out of Argos, they are only 20lbs but as I said I’m hoping to get the resistance bands.

5 comments:

  1. Cool blog and good luck with your workout program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @stan thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with you program, gonna follow you alot! :) I gonna start a program too, i am not that fit =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great decision to stop smoking, pull up bars are awesome. I have one on my door frame and usually do a few pull ups each time I enter and exit the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @pokerblogger you should start some sort of program. Theres lots out there to try even for an unfitty like me.

    @Xander I can't really do a full pull-up as of yet. I need a chair to put a foot on to support myself.

    ReplyDelete